Happy Fourth of July! This is what I did for my hair, makeup, and outfit this year! ↓
For my hair, I actually played around with two hairstyles to see which one I liked best.
*TIP*: If you just washed your hair I would recommend the second hairstyle, the headband in the first is super hard to get on your head with fresh clean hair.
1. For both styles, I just curled my hair with a curling wand and I tried to make them pretty loose so I started from the middle of my hair to make it more natural.
2. I got this headband from Forever21, they have a ton of other cute ones as well if you wanted to do this hairstyle on any day! What I tried to do was just have the headband rest on top of my head. If you have extremely clean hair the headband is going push your hair up super high and then slip off your head. I recommend not washing your hair for a day or two that way the hair can stick to the headband (you can see in the second photo what I mean by pushing your hair up and it’s a pain to try and pull it down).
3. Once I got the headband situated on my head the way I wanted, I started bobby-pinning the back of the headband to my head to ensure that nothing would move.
And that’s pretty much it for the first style, super easy right?!
1. The first thing I did for this style is gathered up the front part of my hair onto the top of my head.
2. The second step, super easy… I just tied the scrunchie into my hair and made sure the wings were lifted up!
And there ya have it! These are some of the cutest hairstyles I came up with and I’m definitely going to be using them in the future. Now let’s move on to makeup!
1. To begin I started with my eyes, I used a primer, then a NYX eye shadow pencil in Milk as a base color for my eyes. Then to set the shadow pencil, I used a mixture of foxy and W.O.S and just patted that on the lid of my eye.
2. Moving on to the inner corner of my eye, I used a MAC pigment in passion and gradually applied that to the inner part of my eye until I was happy with the color. I went back in with W.O.S and patted that again on the lid to blend the two colors together and to still keep some of the white on my eye (I did this everytime I used a color**).
P.S. I look super tan in the first photo because of the pencil haha 🙂
3. Moving on to the crease, I used my Urban Decay Smokey Palette and took the color Evidence and again slowly worked the color into my crease until I was happy with the color turnout.
4. After that, I again reapplied a little bit W.O.S to make sure the color was separating the other two, and then I went ahead and put in Covergirl’s LashBlast mascara.
For the rest of my makeup I just did my usual everyday face makeup ( I’ll link that down below!).
For the outfit, my shirt is from Forever21 and I believe my shorts are from target! To style the shirt I just tucked a small corner piece from the front into my shorts! You can also crop the top and roll up the sleeves a little bit for an edgy style!
Some more photos from the finished look! 🙂
And that is my Fourth of July look for 2018! I really hoped you enjoyed it and got some inspiration for your patriotic look!
** If you want to see my YouTube video click on the picture below!**